Friday 8 March 2013

The GM!!

Had quite a busy month, but still managed to get some work done. This model is one of the few models that I have been wanting to post for a long time. Now feast your eyes on the POWERFUL, MIGHTY, AND!!! humble RGM-79 GM... Ok, its not mighty or powerful, just a mass produced unit for the One Year War. Although they had better maneuverability in space, the GM were basically Zaku feed when it fought them on land. However, it is a nice units, I have always liked the mass amounts of variants this mobile suit produced. Also, it seems I have always had a liking for mass produced units, another example of such units is the Battle Droid from the Star Wars Prequel. You know, the "Roger, roger!" droids.



(Above) The "Roger, roge- I mean Star Wars Battle Droids.

Anyways, back to the GM!! I finished the GM quite a while ago, and I was actually saving some parts to put decals on them, but then since it was taking forever to have enough time for such a feat, I decided to just finish off whatever remained (basically nothing to finish, just a little panel line here and there) and took a few shots to post.


(Above) Gee-Emm!!!




(Above) The arm joint allows for very good articulation, exactly like the RX-78-2!


(Above) Also just like the RX-78-2, I panel-lined the inner side of the shield, looks better that way.



(Above) Also very nice detail for the sensors (eyes). Enjoyed panel-lining it.




(Above) I've also always like the hands for this model and the RX-78-2, nice and solid hands, but of course the newer models have a more stream-lined design, so their hands are small and, well, stream-lined.



Well, that's pretty much it for this model. Like the RX-78-2, a very solid model, they don't feel all light a hollow inside as compared to a few others. I wanted to show it with the Bazooka as well, but somehow I had broken a small part of it, so after repairs might just update this post. Also, a few new models were added to my collection :



(Above) The new RG Mk-II! Have always been eyeing this model, and at last! Was given to me as a present!


(Above) And last but not least, Command Gundam. I like the military look of this gundam, and the fact it has cool missile launchers!

Well, that sums pretty much what I went through this busy week, lots of assignments, lab reports, and all that kind of stuff, but managed to find a little time to update my blog. Another reason for the long period of no posting is because as I was checking my blog about 2 weeks ago, there was malware detected on my blog! So after reading through a few articles and also a post from a blog called Aw-Snap, managed to get rid of the malware. It was a picture. And to keep my blog from getting anymore malware of any sort, I had Jemmy (Gee-Emm-mee) here keep things in check :


Look at him, all ready to stop anymore malware from getting on my blog (or whatever the term you use, not so sure...) anyways, love ya Jemmy, and keep up the good work!






Farid

2 comments:

Zi-qAh said...

WAAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
AN RG MARK II !!!!!!!!!!!!!

KLAS;NDKSAJNCSDAJNLKJASNDLKCS ND;SNNM;KLNKNQM;XOQPXSONNNKOJWKJAJLASKJKXS

JIM-san said...

Yes,though I have yet to build it, and its been quite a while...