Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Pokemon Y (and X) Update!

This update has been out for quite a while now actually, and this was due to the fact that saving in Lumiose City would cause the game to fail to load when turning the game on again. The reason for this might be that the city is so huge, loading the textures and models might be too much for the console to handle. However, Game Freak has released an update which apparently has fixed this problem, and no I am not going to sacrifice my game knowing that the possibility of the game failing to load was there. This problem however, I did not face thankfully and mostly due to the fact I that I always save in Pokemon Centers. It kind of been a habit I had that started ever since they added the Poke Ball symbol in the Pokemon Center, between the entrance and the Nurse. 


here


here


and here XD

The nurse who will say please come again. I mean that just like saying you’re hoping the trainer whose Pokemon he has brought to the Center to be healed, are going to get beaten up, or exhausted, again, and be brought there! EVIL!


Well, aside from a little side tracked there, it’s nice to see that they dealt with the problem at hand as quickly as they could. And before the update they showed the locations where the game would fail to load if you saved there. However, if I can safely say myself, the game loads fine in any other area of the game where you choose to save.  Be it in the forest which you will later come across or even in the Victory Road as well as the halls where you will battle the Elite Four! 


And no, this is not just a post about the bug fix patch. It’s also an update on my current whereabouts in the Pokemon World! After finishing the gym, most of my work has been exploring the places I missed out for hidden items and stuff like that as well as the hard and painful task of completing the Pokedex. While a majority of my time was breeding the evolved caught Pokemon, I had also the pleasure of leveling up Pokemon, by just battling in the Victory Road. 

I had also found out that now it is beneficial to add more friends to your game (well of course it is good to have friends, well in terms of the game). There is a thing called the Friend Safari which for each friend you will be able to catch 2 Pokemon of one common type, like grass or water. I had the luck of getting an Ivysaur as one of the grass Pokemon I could catch. This was, it is quite easier to catch some of the Pokemon before you can transfer the Pokemon you have caught from your old game to the new X and Y. Till then, and have a nice day~




Farid