Friday 24 January 2014

Project Nimbus on Kickstarter!


I actually came by this game by accident, and a happy accident that is! The name of the game is Project Nimbus, by KISS Ltd. from Phuket, Thailand. Now Project Nimbus was one of those games I really wanted available for the PC. Some of you readers of this post might think, "Oh, why always wait for games to come to the PC, why not get a console and play those games?!". Well a simple answer to that is I want to play as big of a game library as I can one a single (well, ok, two, because I have a 3DS) platform, the PC, and the fact that I picked the specs on my laptop so that at the very least they can support those games (they can and I am thankful). Basically, I'm trying to get the most value out of all the money spent.



Ok, back to the game. Project Nimbus looks a lot like the Armored Core franchise in combat style as you view your mech from a third-person's point of view, which is how I like it. And as I read through the descriptions of the game from the developers themselves, this game will be featuring a single player mode where you can explore the story and the universe brought to you by the game. The mechs are humanoid, and the design is, well, more towards anime or japanese if I can categorize the design style, since most mechs from american or english movies tend to be more realistic in design. And I don't have a problem with that. While I like the fact that the action in the game looks fast-paced and guns blazing, all the action takes place in the skies. I watched some of the demo gameplay videos on the Official Site for Porject Nimbus, and its looks fast, snappy, but in terms of sound, it lacks a little bit, however it is an early demo of the game, so hopefully they will improve on that aspect.


(Above) A little bit of demo gameplay for ya!

One of the main features I hope they add is deep customization for the mechs that you will use, and also a multiplayer mode which would be sweet. As some of you might know, I play Hawken, a first-person mech shooter, but Project Nimbus is nothing like Hawken since its major aspect is aerial combat, whereas Hawken is more of a land based shooter. And in graphical sense, Hawken was made more of a cinematic master piece, whereas Project Nimbus seems to be not up to that level, but that just graphics and both games are using the every popular Unreal Engine. I'm not sure whether I would still enjoy Hawken the same way as my main reason for playing it was because such mech games are rare on the PC, some of the only available ones would be Mech Warrior Online, which I don't quite fancy and Front Mission Evolved which I had high hopes for, but after playing it, didn't like it at all. Project Nimbus falls more into what I like to have in a mech shooter, third person view and fast paced action, and I await its release!

Link to the Kickstarter Page! (Support it if you like it!)





Farid

No comments: