Saturday 8 August 2009

The Irrelevant Case of Akiki (Chapter 3)

The third chapter in the story that you have followed, the Irrelevant Case of Akiki, might be the weirdest of them all. Why you ask? Well, it is because this case is something of an alternate chapter of the story, a chapter where the story is completely different than the others but will match at the end. The story is still about me searching for answers and clues to the case. So please enjoy this chapter like you have enjoyed the previous ones. If you have not enjoyed the previous ones than just try to enjoy this. Sheesh.

Chapter 3 : The Synchorization

I was running. Running through an endless glade, a field where only grass grew. It made no sense to me at all, what was I doing, why was I doing it. I saw a shine in the horizon, and I went after it. It was different than before the shining light was both horizontal and vertical meeting at a straight 90 degree angle. A flash suddenly appeared and everything in sight turned a slight reddish colour. It was an explosion I ran towards it trying to see what was going on.

As I reached the area I could see that it was burnt, and smoke was still coming out of the ground. I was all strange. I ran back following my tracks leading me back to a place I have known so well as home. My house was empty no one in it. I searched my own house not knowing why, and then suddenly, I stepped on a piece of paper. Somehow it looked fimiliar, like I have seen it before. The instant I picked it up I knew what it was, the paper I found addressed to me from Akiki. A thought came to my mind. I ran to the nearest bus station and took a bus back to my school. The place I had gone to at night to search for clues.

As the bus approached to the stop, I was still thinking about the puzzle. Almost forgetting, I managed to get out of the bus and ran towards my school. I passed the same place seeing the same things from the previous time and everyday as I enter my school. As I walked in I did not have to hide, no one was in the guard post. Although it was strange, I took the chance and ran in, to the same block. But before I reached it, I saw a person staring straight at the sky, I recognized him eventually and it was my friend Ziq. I called out to him but somehow he did not bother to look at me.

I ignored him and ran towards Akiki's class. It was completely different, only the tables were there but there were no chairs. I went to look for Akiki's desk but I could not find it. Then, something caught my attention. The table was out in the same glade I was running through. I walked slowly towards it and examined it for any other clues until I felt pain strike through my back. My back was bleeding and someone was there, holding a knife. He knelt down to me and said "Have you solved the puzzle? It's quite easy actually, Numbers are placed in a vertical order and alphabets are in a horizontal order just like the game Battleship". He lifted up his arm, the one holding the knife and said again" It's me, don't you recognize me?It's Z..." Then, everything faded out. I was sweating in my bed when I woke up." It was just a dream." I said to myself.

That would be the ending of the thrid chapter. I hope you'll read the next one. That will be the one where I answer the puzzle. Bye.


Farid

No comments: