Saturday 20 March 2010

The Problem Is...

Wow! And you might be asking, why did I start my new post with 'wow'. So, to explain it all, 'wow', in this case is me saying 'wow' because of how fast time passed by and how I played Yu-Gi-Oh and I have worked on my gundam.Wow! See! Now to the main topic, "What might be the problem Mister Farid? You didn't mention what the problem was." You might be asking that, well to put it in a better way it is quite hard to understand the Yu-Gi-Oh cards' effects with the language translation problems. I have a Yu-Gi-Oh deck and several of them too, most in japanese but I have enough english translated ones to fit a 40 card deck. When I read the effects of some of the cards I couldn't understand the effect, therefore I can not play it properly.


Example 1. (Above)

The effect :
(Winged Beast/Effect)
If you tribute summon this card by tributing a WIND monster, return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to the owners' hands.

Don't get me wrong, this is the correct version, everything is perfect, and this is how the card should read. But, the version I have reads :

(Name) Speedy Bird Man- Joe

(Bird/Effect)
Sacrifice with Wind tribute monsters and successfully summon this card, all magic/trap cards on the field will be back to the owner.

Now what do you understand? What I understand from the correct one is if you tribute a wind monster to summon the card, all magic and trap cards will return to their owners' hand.

But from the one I have, it says that it seems you have to tribute a wind monster to summon and send all magic and trap cards back to their owners hand.

Big difference right? Well not really, but if you follow the instructions for the wrong one you would waste a lot of time trying to get a wind monster. So on to the next card, I'm showing only 2 cards anyway.


Example 2. (Above)

The effect :
(Fairy/Effect)
You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing a monster. If you do, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase.

This is also a correct version, this also happens to be one of my favourite cards!! But the version I have reads :

(Name) Lightening Gear- Cherry Fire

(Fairy/Effect)
Summon by sacrifice only and will be sent to graveyard at the ending phase.

Now what do you understand?? Really big difference right?!

That is all, finish!!!



Farid

No comments: