Thursday 31 December 2009

Mistaken

"Oh, sorry I must have mistaken you for...." that is what some people would say if they have mistaken you for someone else but that's not really what I want to post today. It is about a drink that many people in the place were I am staying have mistaken for an alchoholic drink. Can you guess the beverage that I am talking about? Huh? Can you? Can you? Well, if you thought Bundaberg Ginger Beer, then you are correct!!!!


Well this happened when I was in Kuching, I was walking around with my cousin and my younger brother around the 'Spring' perhaps you have heard of it. Well, we were using the time of around 2 hours because my sister wanted to watch New Moon the new Twilight series movie, thingy, and I didn't want to watch because, well, Twilight, a story about love and blah blah blah. So my cousin didn't want to watch and neither did my younger brother. Well, we looked at Gundam Models, of course that was my idea, they had the new Gundam models there too, and then we were thirsty so we went to buy us drinks. My cousin said they had Ginger Beer there so I thought I'd buy some because I'm addicted to it. We bought our drinks and I bought 2 bottles of Ginger Beer. So we decided to sit by the water fountain place on the lower floor, the one near the parking area, and when while I drank my Ginger Beer, I realized that muslims were watching me drink it. In their mind it was "He is DRINKING an alchoholic beverage!!!"I'm a muslim drinking what SEEMS to be an alchoholic beverage in public!!! Yup, that sounds and looks so bad. But in the end it turned out funny looking at people stare, shake their head and glare at me for drinking something that is not HARAM!!!

Yeah, if you think that was bad, I'd have you know I left the other bottle on the strap on my bag I was carrying to the Surau!!! But that had passed. It's just weird that people think that all drinks in glass bottles are alchoholic. Anyway, that all, one more thing is that the label on the bottle there, in Kuching is different, here, there's the sentence 'Non-Alchoholic Beverage'.





Farid

2 comments:

Zi-qAh said...

well you cant blame them if they cant read the tiny-sized words saying "not an alcoholic drink" a few feet away, and with a delinquent face like yours they're bound to say your drinking beer....

JIM-san said...

Umm, Ziq, they don't have the sentence on the bottles in Kuching...