Sunday 20 June 2010

RX-78-2 Gundam

The Gundam that started it. The first one!! RX-78-2 Gundam. I was very happy with it when I got it. I looked at the runners, and with one guess, I knew it would be one great model to work with. The mecha for this model was amazing, and it also had the articulation which was much better than the previous MGs that I have, no wonder it was the best MG.

Front, Side and Rear veiw of the model, very simple, but the mecha shows otherwise. The model came with a lot of weapons, from the basic beam rifle to the beam javelin. However, you will not see any of the beam javelin photos, till I edit this post for the second time. The Hyper Bazooka was very nice. But it was quite difficult putting it on the gundam. The Hammer was something, looks pretty cool too. The Beam Rifle could also be fitted with a Super Napalm launcher a nice piece of equipment to be added to this model. The Beam Sabre was of course added.

I started work on at the second day after the return from KL. I actually wanted to delay making it, but I changed my mind. Didn't regret it one bit. This time I was extra careful with cutting the parts from the runners, and cut away the marks with a pen knife, the model looked better anyway. This time, unlike the previous ones, I panel lined the inner skeleton so it looked a lot better, and of course took more time to finish. The core fighter alone took a tiring 2 hours of continuous work.

The core fighter and in its folded form, the part goes into the torso as show above.

The Core fighter could be transform just by pulling the head down and the tail was made to fold inwards when this happened. The wings however had to be folded manually.






Farid

No comments: