Wednesday 1 August 2012

The KURATAS - Suidobashi Heavy Industry!!

I recently read a post on Gundam Guy about a being able to order an actual, fully-functional, custom mech which stands about 4 meters tall. The instant I read this, I immediately had to find out everything regarding this mech, this EXTREMELY COOL, ANY MECH FAN’S DREAM OF PILOTING, and expensive mech brought by the Suidobashi Heavy Industry. I watched the only 2 available videos regarding the mech a few times, I don’t know why, this was so intriguing. (Well, now that I think about it, it is a matter to be intrigued about). I even visited the official site, and tried clicking on buy it now to see how far I can go before having to put in details, credit card number and all that stuff. (By how far I can go meaning, whether I could design the colours and decal, select weapons, etc...) Just to have the feel of actually doing something about the mech. But nevertheless, the thought of having to have to pay a debt of 1.4 million USD scared me off (yes, that how much you have to pay to custom order 1).

However, after almost an entire afternoon of being so excited about this, having thought of how to improve it and stuff, make it move like you see in mech animes or Armored Core you know what I mean, a thought finally hit me, if this goes in anywhere in advance, its already qualified to be a weapon. I also started reading comments on the video in youtube, a lot of people were excited about it (and why shouldn’t they be right?) and many posted comments on how cool it would be it if were faster, less reaction time and so on. Then I thought, this mech stands between a very fine line of being a weapon, and a person’s dream of actually pilotting a mech.

Even looking at the selection of customizations and accessories you can add to the mech before its is shipped to you, its tilting towards being a weapon. I mean adding on a carbon shield, or bulletproof face guard means adding on armour, and adding on armour usually means you want it to last longer in the battlefield. However, everything else about this thing is awesome, from the cool interface you get when you sit in the mech cockpit, and also how you control the mech shows how advanced it is in technology, well not like we have any other mechs to compare it with.

So, I’m pretty much thrilled, excited to know about the existence of something this cool, but if its going to contribute as a weapon in war, then perhaps it should have stayed hidden. What we want now is peace, not add more weapons and making more reasons why we should have a war.

PS : Imagine playing paint ball with the mech!! Its gonna be AWESOME!! Get like 5 for each team (wow, you sure got a lot of money Farid...) and LET ERR RIP!!! And add a sensor system that counts the number of hit you take, so you kinda have some kind of hit points until your mech is said to be out of the game. Just sharing 1 possible idea to make and AWESOME sport!! Muahahaha!!!

The Video Check it out!!


How to pilot it!!




Farid

No comments: