Monday 8 July 2013

More About Pokemon~

If there is one game I have played more than any other game throughout my childhood, it would have to be the pokemon franchise. And I especially spent a large amount of time playing it during my school holiday when the drive to finish the game and catch em' all!! The version I spent the most time playing is the Diamond version (though I did spend quite a lot of time on the original red version since at that time, I didn't really know any other game and played it over and over again) on the Nintendo DS. Most of the time spent looking for pokemon to catch, evolve existing pokemon and also updating my party pokemon to battle with when playing with my brother or friends.





(Above) My previous team, brought me great victories!!

However, where I'm from, Malaysia, there aren't that many pokemon fans whom I have found or met and I noticed, as well as a point my older brother pointed out to me which I agreed on, is that in my country, we go by trends, and as a new trend gets caught on, the older one logically dies out. And this pretty much happened when I went to high school, I remembered very clearly that pokemon was played a lot during my primary school that stacks of cards were confiscated, and the next week the same amount confiscated. So where am I getting at in starting of with this? Well, its kinda just my disappointment in the amount of pokemon competitions or events that happen here is, well never happen here.

Though I could understand the reason behind this, trends don't last that long in my country, and making an event here might not be worth the effort. But watching videos on youtube of pokemon fans posting going to pokemon events or even pokemon competitions makes me wish I could go whenever it was held.

 

(Above) The Pokemon Nationals 2013, which is covered here by TheJWittz. And, oh, how I wish I could experience this event!!!

That aside, second thing, the new games for pokemon x and y will officially be released on October the 12th, this year, and I am really looking forward to this uncoming pokemon game (forgive me if I had mentioned this  in a previous post, but I am really excited). So last but not least, the new special edition 3DS XLs which will be released at launch I think :




Should I wait for these, or just get a regular 3DS XL and be done with it... Hmmmmm....





Farid

No comments: