Saturday 28 September 2013

My 3DS Game Wishlist and Recommendations!

I've spent quite a long time, on boring and cold night browsing through the eshop on the Nintendo 3DS and looking at all the games available for digital download and which are also eshop exclusives. And some other time, I look for reviews of games which I'm hoping to purchase or obtain (muehehehe~ nah, just kidding) one way or another, without breaking the law. And I am in a state in which I have to be careful with the rate at which I'm spending the money I have, and especially when there are much more important things I should spend my money on than games for my 3DS like a new keyboard! Hahaha, kidding but yeah, my wallets tight. Regardless, I don't post a wishlist, just for fun, I am going to promote some of these games, because based on the reviewers I watch, these people are trustworthy in most of their judgement, and in some cases think the same way about a certain amount of games. And secondly, they are based on the vast amount of demos I have downloaded from the Nintendo eshop.

Some of the games I will include in this list are :

 First and for most, although no demos are available, and my judgement is based off mostly the gameplay footage and reviews, is Steam World Dig!


Now while this game is an eshop exclusive, meaning you cannot purchase a retail copy, and the price is unlike the standard console games at around RM 90 +, the gameplay and concept of the game is highly praised. For some reviewers, the gameplay reminded them of the older Megaman, only in this game, you are allowed to dig underground to look for minerals and gems. I can't really say much about this game as I'm just making my opinion based on reviews and the overall look (pretty cool in my opinion), but it is one of the highest rated games on the eshop!


Second on this list, is Liberation Maiden. I have to say, the thing that swayed me the most for this game was the gameplay footage they provided on the eshop. There aren't that many games with this third-person style of gameplay, and once I saw it, I knew I wanted to try this game out. Although trailers are made to make you want to play or buy something, I've always had a soft spot for these third-person shooter, fast paced action game like Virtual On (I always mention this game). Though I can't fully recommend this game, you should consider watching some gameplay footage and think about it.


For the third, it really doesn't need much of an introduction. I mean most of the Castlevania games I have played when I was really young by borrowing my cousin's gameboy have been some of the hardest and challenging games I have played, beating even most PC games (*cough* Call of Cuty *cough*) in terms of sheer difficulty, and I can say pretty much the same for this after trying out the demo myself. The bosses given in the demo took a few tries, I've always been quite bad at timing when playing these kind of games, but it kept me hooked for a while... and this was a DEMO!! Yes, this is on my to buy list, and I am waiting for a price cut. This might be my next game after Pokemon X and Y releases.


Now, this is one of those games where you have fun playing. A very nice and cool concept was introduced in this game, having to attack enemies and at the same time following a beat and music. Okay, maybe not a new concept, but few beat and music games get it right, and I played the demo available for this and enjoyed myself. It does have a small amount of tries given, mostly because it is a relatively cheap games compared to others. Try the demo, if you enjoy it and have the money to spend, consider purchasing this also eshop exclusive.


And last of my wishlist and recommendation, Sonic Generations! Now this might be a little late to purchase with Sonic Lost World coming out, and was released in 2011, but it is still the latest Sonic Platformer, so not to far behind I guess. And there haven't been too many good Sonic games lately, and this really kicks your nostalgia bone when playing since you have the older Sonic and the new Sonic get together to save their... worlds... I guess. A good game, and was praised with its level design. And if you're a Sonic fan, a must have while waiting for Sonic Lost World! I wish they remade Sonic R, its just an awesome game and not having those Airboards or Cars to show that Sonic is fast, I mean he can run fast already!


The games I mentioned above were mostly overlooked by the other extremely popular games for the 3DS like Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, The Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time the upcoming Pokemon X and Y (ermagerd! Perkermern Axe ernd Why) and Animal Crossing New Leaf. Those mentioned are great games, but that's mainly why a few other good ones get over shadowed. Well, that's all for this post, FINISH!!




Farid

No comments: