Friday 27 September 2013

The Fast Approching, X and Y!

With Pokemon X and Y coming up in a matter of weeks, I have to say Nntendo is really giving me a hard time in selecting which games to buy and hopefully, I can give my personal opinions on some of these extremely good games. And also if there's is one thing I realise is that you can't really choose to hate the designs of certain Pokemon until you actually get to play the game. The reason why I mention this is because there are some Pokemon which when I look at their design, I go "Couldn't they think of anything better?" but after a while, the design of those Pokemon start to grow on you. Another reason why I mention this is because there have been a few new Pokemon for this 6th generation which have been revealed, the second evolutions for all the new starters, a new ghost-steel type Pokemon, which I will explain more about later and also a few other new Pokemon. Now, there are many Youtubers I follow and am subscribed to who have given their own opinions on this. The Youtubers are TheJwittz, Dookieshed and Nate, check them out if you want.

 

 

 

Although I do think differently from some of them, as I have always, well, I don't like it when Pokemon look like items or weapons. There are some exceptions to this, and yes some of their designs did grow on me, so I don't really have a problem with them anymore. To mention a few, I never really liked or hated both Voltorb and Electrode. They were never the Pokemon I would look to and choose to add to my party and basically the main reason I was okay with them was the fact that they are very easy to draw... I know, cheap, but then there were more and more Pokemon they added on in the newer generations and suddenly, there were more Pokemon I had mixed feelings about.


(Above) The notoriously-simply designed, Voltorb and Electrode!


(Above) Also the other 2 I have really mixed feelings on... okay who am I kidding, I hated these 2... but not to the extend that I'm going to rant, they are a part of the Pokemon world, and who am I (wish they went extinct) to deny them.

But anyway, moving on. As much of my uncertainty with those kind of Pokemon, I have to say that the new added ones, have some of the best designs I've seen in a long time, especially after the 5th and 6th generations in which I didn't really like many of them, but this is just me. The two fossil Pokemon look extremely beautiful and cool, but I do like the Tyrannosaurus one, and now I'm already imagining my new party, with that as a new addition to it!


(Above) The two new fossil Pokemon, I mean look at them! They're just adorable!

About the starters, their evolutions have taken a drastic change in terms of concept. This is clearly shown, I mean, in the previous generations, the concept was basically, what should be the next step in those Pokemon's design, mainly, in the end, turning the Pokemon into their respectively second-type, like Emporeon as a Water-Steel, and Torterra as a Grass-Ground type, just to name a few. But with these new ones, they are going for a different concept. They are going down the RPG route, where you have a Swordsman/Paladin/Warrior, a thief/pirate/assassin and a wizard/mage/sorceress. And I'm liking this new turn in concept, because they make the Pokemon look much more unique and the designers, very good at drawing the line between something being defined as a Pokemon or Digimon, which, in my opinion has been thinning with the 5th generation.



(Above) Now although its just a theory, I mean the game's not even out yet, but I really think they are taking this RPG style route. And the worst feeling I have, is I'm finally having a hard time picking whether or not to go for the Grass of Water type. I've always, well, usually picked the Grass type, but the Water type evolves into a thief-looking FROG! After watching Naruto, I think frogs are cool! NOOOOOO!!!!


(Above) And also the new Ghost-Steel type Pokemon, this design might grow on me, as they do look pretty cool, but, okay nevermind, I will give it time. The single-dagger-thingy is Honeage (if I'm not mistaken) and the evolution is name Doublade.


Hopefully you guys understand with what I meant, I'm having quite a hard time explaining my thoughts on this. And hopefully you guys understand that I have my preferences in design. That's pretty much on my opinions on this topic, they also added the Mega evolutions, which does shake my love for Pokemon a bit, but nothing much I can do about it. But as a consolation, the designs for the Mega evolutions don't look too bad. And that, is always a good thing.




Farid

Oh yeah, all photos I obtained from Bulbapedia, its a good site for Poke-Fans, if you have not heard of it, check it out!

No comments: