Wednesday 2 October 2013

Some Awesome Game Music!

Recently I've been browsing Youtube for cool remixes of popular game music like themes from Pokemon, Mario, and well games of that time. Although some of the most memorable ones for me would be Pokemon, I tried listening and identifying themes which I might have played a little. As I do enjoy listening to music (everyone does, I mean who doesn't?) and I'm also constantly looking for music to do my homework or study or that kind of stuff and listen to, I came across this website called OCRemix, or Overclocked Remix. Basically, its this community that accepts remixes made by fans of games and sorts them out, selecting those they think are worthy and promote them on the website. They also make albums (of which I will name a few later in this post) based on certain game, for example I downloaded The Answer Album, their tribute to the Armored Core Series of games (I love them robot games!!).

If you have a second or two of free time, looking through their vast amount of fan-made remixes can be something fun to do, and all of these albums and remixes are made free and can be downloaded completely FREE!! Muahahahah!!! DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING!!! But yeah, they have some really well made remixes on the site and also their Youtube Channel. And below I shall name some of the tracks I enjoyed the most!

Megaman 2 Nuclear Flash!



Street Fighter 2 Flying Heaven!



Armored Core Apex in TECHNO!



I find that these are some of the best fan made remixes, I mean I only know the ones from Armored Core since I went back and played most of the games for the Playstation 2, but they are awesome. Its also pretty cool that a HD remake of Street Fighter Turbo 2, used all fan-made remixes of the original theme, and the remixes were provided from this site, which also requested and selected all the fan-made tracks, which in my opinion is pretty dang cool!





Farid

No comments: