Wednesday 9 October 2013

Some Cool Mechs!

I was quite busy this week due to exams and stuff, and the last 3 posts were scheduled as I wanted to try it. And thankfully there were no problems with the scheduling system and all post were on time. Anyway, getting to this post, this was something I knew nothing about actually, and after browsing 9gag (I know 9gag of all places), I came across this photo :


(Above) The Praetorian, its actually pretty hard to see the name, and if I got it wrong forgive me. The only way I knew the name was linking this photo from the official site (check it out).

And I was like "Woaaaaaaaah! What is this!?!" And after reading the comments of the post a little, I managed to get the name Black Phoenix Project. The mech looks surprisingly realistic, I was too quick to believe it was, but I still doubted it at first and my doubts are corrected. This is not a real "Military" project, but a conceptual one, by a guy named Vitaly Bulgarov. The dude is a 3D artist and used to work for a few video game companies, one of them being Blizzard Entertainment and also a few other movie companies.

So this Black Phoenix Project is a fictional military corporation that manufactures battle ready mechs! He made quite a lot of unique and realistic looking (which also implies that this sort of design might be logical) mechs.


(Above) This mech is named Stalker, much like the Protoss Stalker, but in my opinion missiles or rocket launchers, whatever those things are, much, much cooler than Psi Disruptors.


(Above) This one is named Squad Four, I've always liked humanoid, but at the same time bulky looking mechs.


(Above) And last but not least, the Arachnid Autonomous Tank, very clearly able to see the name. But a tank is cool, and I have wondered how efficient moving using legs are compared to using caterpillar wheels. Might depend on the terrain...

These are some really cool concept arts, but before we get to this, I'm hoping there's a whole game built around this, might introduce a new kind of shooter, well you never know. And if they come out with models of these bad boys, I'm gonna buy em all!





Farid
(if I have money...)

No comments: