Thursday 9 October 2008

Banned from Playing 'Mercun' (Firecrackers)

Yes, it's true my mother said that I was banned from playing firecrackers. Here's the story.



It all started this morning when my friend brought two 'mercun'. The name of those 'mercun' was Crazy Robots the loudest firecracker that explodes once and releases a deafening noise.



(Above) The 'mercun' Crazy Robots.


The size of this loud 'mercun' is actually quite small but bigger than its younger brother the A-bom ( the name of another 'mercun'). It is about 7 cm tall and 3 cm wide in a silinder form as you can see.



Back to the story.



My friend was talking about how he played this 'mercun' is by throwing it near but still far from a car parking lot. When it explodes almost all the car alarms will go off. By hearing this I was very interested about this 'mercun'. I couldn't wait to buy it. The cost of this loud and terrifying 'mercun' is... RM 3 only, not 3 thousand not 3 hundred not thirty just a basic RM 3. It was quite cheap for my friends so I bought only two.

I waited until night time after me and my family broke our fast ( puasa enam bah). I tiptoed out carefully while my family watched me go. My mom said "Play the 'mercun' far from here. But I replied "Even if I go far you'll still hear it." So I went to our back yard with a candle to find the perfect spot where the sound would be reflected directly to my house. Of course, I took my friend's advice lightly. He said it was very loud. But I just lit the 'mercun' and threw it to a corner near the gate. Just in case, I closed my ears but not too tightly. Just looking at the 'mercun' and then it exploded. The sound was thundering in my ears and I said to my younger brother nearby "Woah, it's loud!!" Then, my mom called me in. She scolded me for not playing it further away. I didn't think she would punish me. She did, by not letting me play unless under adult supervision.


So that was the story. Pretty sad huh. I still have one more. Maybe I'll light it when she's at work. I'm just afraid she might hear it.




Farid

2 comments:

Zi-qAh said...

sory for not reading your blog for a long time ive been very busy and theres something wrong with my internet so sory. Anyways is that how youre gonna balas my raya card?

Zi-qAh said...

oh yeah my blog address is therebirthcorbenik.blogspot.com invited only