Saturday 4 October 2008

The Raya News.....

Hello, this is Farid speaking on CNN news....................... just kidding. Okay, I'm back and ready for the fun of blogging. My Raya was.......... well............ just to say..................... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! It was fun visiting people, eating cakes, having drinks and getting to know other people. On the first day, We all went for the usual Raya prayer. Then, we went to my grandparents house for photo taking sessions and we do that every year. While doing that we also collected our 'duit raya'(Raya Money)and I got a lot. LOL. My cousin because of influence from me bought GUNDAMS. Well not to say that they were cheap. One was RM 168, another was RM 199 and another was RM 249. Crazy,huh! Them buying gundams worth RM 616. But one of the most terrifying things was they handled their gundams like they were worth RM 2 because they broke it and didn't really fix them well to their matching parts. The weird thing was I was scared of what they were doing not them. Seeing them handled the gundams almost made me cry. I thought "They were worth RM 299 c'mon just handle them more carefully. Please!"

Well, back to the raya news. On the first day we were at our grandparents house like I said. People came rushing in like an endless wave to visit my grandparents house. So, we had to do most of the work. I didn't help much but my sisters help with serving the drinks and entertaining the visitors. I fewlt kindda sorry for them after the told me to help. When it was night time my uncle brought fireworks and they were so nice. I tried many experiments with the firecrackers and was lucky to not lose any fingers. The only firecrackers my uncle or Mamu let me play was the 'sparkler', the 'mercun macis' the 'mercun bunga' and 'mercun rocket'. He wouldn't let me play the 'A-bom' because he said it was too dangerous for me but I didn't really want to play it anyway.

There's only one thing troubling me the first week of raya........ the way most people wore the 'Samping'. You see the correct way to wear the 'Samping' to tuck in your baju melayu in the samping. This way you look neat, clean, proper and most important for all men handsome. But I know most of my friends, cousins and other people I don't know wear the 'Samping'in a different trend. They wear the baju melayu tuck out instead of tuck in. This way they look lazy, sloppy and weird. So please wear the 'Samping' the right way. It looks better. Bye.



Farid

No comments: