Saturday 3 April 2010

Repaired, Repainted.

I'm very glad I managed to fix my RX-77D Guncannon Mass Production Type. The problem was its hip joint broke, maybe because I exerted too much pressure on it every time I put the parts together again, and also because I changed its pose everyday. I really liked that model. However, even though I liked it that much I couldn't do a nice job on it, I ask myself this a lot. So, after a little thinking, I don't know why, but I took its box out and started looking at the model again, I guess I missed it. To my suprise, it was made horribly. The cut marks, the ugly panel-lining and the horrible paint job.

The thrusters, I remember, I painted them with a gundam marker my brother borrowed, I guess, from a friend so it looked nice to my eyes that time. But, as I picked it up and looked at the paited parts, it was so horrible, I was really bad at making Gundam Models last time. So anyway, back to the repairing. I looked at the painted parts and I repainted them with yellow enamel paint. I looked so much better then. The colour wasn't dusty or sandy but it looked smooth after the painting. I was happy, and then went back to fixing the other parts.

I was quite worried about the broken joint though, I thought it was never going to be able to be fixed. So I thought, maybe I should use epoxy putty, something like clay that hardens to seal gaps and holes, then paint over it. But, I didn't really have any experience in using epoxy putty or even ordinary putty. That thought left my mine, and then my brother suggested to me, to drill a hole in the joints which were broken and then put a metal wire through before I glue them back together. I sounded like a good idea, I did actually drill a hole, but it wasn't that deep, I couldn't go any deeper, I don't know why.
So, I eliminated the idea completely and decided, "Just glue them back together with super glue." I asked my older brother to do it for me. He put 1 drop of glue, which was what I was supposed to do (but I put too much), and pressed them together for 5 minutes before putting them somewhere to dry. Apparently I only ask him to do the 'glue them together' part for me. So the part was fixed, them glue was strong, and I put the model together. I did all the painting before, so the only thing to do was to fix the joint.




So, there it is the Gundam Model, well actually a Mobile Suit Model. There was only 1 part I wasn't able to paint. It was the emblem on the forehead, because it was really small, smaller than your finger in fact, any finger maybe. I still can't understand how that guy painted that part. It really small. So that's all, I really liked this model as I have said before, and I want to buy an MG RX-77-2 Guncannon, but I still cannot find it. Ba Bye!!




Farid

No comments: