Saturday 10 April 2010

Shiro Oni!!!

The White Ogre, I have customized a Choko Zaku III SD gundam model. Customized meaning, only changing the colour, I'm not really that experienced with modifying. I never tried in fact, but soon, I will. Anyway, This model took quite a long time to finish because of the spray paint. I had to put on several coats of paint to get the colour to look nice. However, I did not use an air brush, I used the spray cans. A little problem with the paint is that it peels off quite easily, and to make things worse, its harder to paint back on. And unlike the normal enamel paint, you can't rub off the panel lining on it, so to cover something up you have to paint over it again.


In the end, with all the troubles and repainting and more repainting, you get a beautiful model that does not look plastic but instead a nice clean.... you get what I mean anyway.

There are other benefits to this spray painted model. The colours painted on it, like red for example, is much brighter and flashy compared to when painted on the dark plastic green which was the original colour for this model. The grey colour for the arms and head were also quite good, I didn't actually expect the colour to turn out good. But, the best thing of all is the gold, Titanium Gold to be exact. I used the same paint I tried on the Military Unit, the gold turned out lighter, which is a good thing. For this model, I didn't use any markers for the gold colours.

Well, this working on this model was fun, now to continue with the Military Units, and I will try and post pictures of then as soon as possible. Bwahahahahahah!!!!!!




Farid

No comments: