Friday 21 June 2013

Real Grade, Real Fine Details!!


Yosh, now finally starting some real progress on my newer gundam models, and since I had never started on a Real Grade model before, I decided to start with this one first. I don't usually like to do step by step posts of my progress on my gundam models, I usually like showing off the finished model straight away, but as I built the right leg of the gundam model, I realized that this is in a whole different league compared to most gunpla, and it surely isn't just a Master Grade scaled down like how I thought it was. They added different shades of a single colour like white to make the model look much more detailed then their High Grade and Master Grade counter parts. So, this post is pretty much out of my shock and awe when I started building this model.


This is just a re-used photo, but this was the packaging... like they changed anything, NEXT!!


One of the coolest part I find building these Real Grade models are the joints and different plastic which are molded into the runners. But looking at the parts a bit more closely, a little add-ons might have taken place in the factory, but still awesome and new to gunpla!




This was also a surprise to me, where they gave a piece of braided cable and wire, to cut and place to look like the hydraulics of the Gundam Model. And I have to say, this makes the model look so much more realistic and I'm really happy with how it looks. However, I will recommend cutting the braided cable with a pair of scissors so that you can keep your work clean without much effort.


Another look at how they make the hydraulics have their own texture and make the model so much more intricate.







They added a lot of details to be panel-lined in this model, and I'm guessing in all Real Grade models. And it also takes a lot more work building it because you have to thin out the panel-lines to make it look sleek as the model itself.



One of the things I also like is no stickers, nice having different coloured plastic~









Well, that's pretty much it for now, will hopefully get the completed model up on my blog as soon as its done, and to those who consider buying a Real Grade, get one, its a whole different level of gunpla, but extra care should also be taken when building these, because nub marks can really mess with how well the parts fit together.




Farid

2 comments:

Zi-qAh said...

my heart is not ready for this yet..

JIM-san said...

Yeah, I thought that too, but sometimes you have to run before you can walk, and its something everyone who loves gunpla should experience.