Monday 24 June 2013

Wow, does it look spendid!!

As you guys might be able to guess from the photos below, I actually played more Hawken than I actually did as excited as I was with the game. As I pointed out in the previous post I did on my personal impression on the game, I didn't play it as much as you might think, in this sense, I hardly played, about 2 games in 2 months. As I did mention the gameplay was so different I found myself just playing league matches on Starcraft II (also because I got the expansion as a birthday present, thanks by the way), I didn't pay any attention to it. However, on Friday, I actually thought I might jump in and play a match or two, just to see what new goodies the developers had brought to the game. What I saw, basically, surprised me.



Above are 2 of my favourite maps during the closed beta, but I rarely see the city map now, I only play on the desert map which is called Bazaar.



This is my new favourite map, and clearly named Front Line, its a beautiful map, because this one is a nicely planned, clean city for your team to wreck havoc in.

The game looked much better than what I remembered in the closed beta, and as I played, I realized that added so many new things. The mechs moved much more smooth, althought if some of you had watched any gameplay footage you might think its clunky and jumpy (although it was worse in the closed beta), I felt it was easier to move your mechs around and dodge attacks from your enemies.


A short, 5 minute gameplay footage, sorry for the quality will try to improve on it later on.

They had also added objectives, which I think everyone appreciates as you unlock one and it pops out on the bottom right side of the screen with a very cool sound effect.






Just some of the beautiful screenshots I took in game, this was only in the new map they, Front Line, and I like the landscape a lot! The settings I play on are Medium, so you can see how splendid the game looks, I could play it on high settings, but during fire fights, the game gets laggy, and I prefer as much graphical looks until it can no longer play smoothly. I will add gameplay footage later on if possible, because I'm having some problems at the moment, just a short update for now, AND that is all, FINISH!!




Farid


No comments: