Sunday 9 June 2013

Something about Nerf...

I seem to be having a habit of only posting at the end of my holidays... So anyways, back to what I was about to post, its a review of the Nerf Stryfe. I don't usually do reviews on NERF blasters but I felt like doing one after having fully tested this during a short NERF war I had with my cousins and all. Alright, let's cut to the review, Begin!


This is pretty much what you get after purchasing the product, the blaster, a six dart clip and six elite darts (not shown in the photo).


The included 6 dart clip, one side is clear helps you easily count the amount of darts in the clip.


I would highly recommend getting the 18 dart clip to expand on the blaster's dart capacity. The main reason being for a semi-auto blaster, it runs out of ammo really quickly and using the included 6 dart clip will have you reloading too often, it quite expensive in Malaysia, RM 39.99.


After putting on tactical stuff, this actually my loadout when I tested it, the front grip was not only for looks but holding the Stryfe without the front grip was actually quite awkward because the front was too short to fully grip, so adding the grip made it more comfortable to hold, the stock is pretty much for show, cause the blaster looks weird without it, but it is also quite comfortable to use.


To operate it, you need 4 AA batteries, and it is impossible to fire without them. I'm not promoting Panasonic or anything, but I was trying out those batteries for the Stryfe to see how they hold up.


Now, you could use it just like this, but I always like holding the Stryfe or even a Maverick with both hands.



The blaster with the 35 drum magazine, I wish I used this during the war but there is another war coming up, so I could test this there then. It is awkward to hold with the front grip if you are right-handed, so it is recommended to use it without the grip.



Like so, but I will update this later on after field testing, I feel just playing around with it doesn't give and all round feel of the blaster.

Now, the verdict, as for how easy it is to use, it is very easy to operate, just pull the acceleration trigger and shoot away. However, this blaster does have a few reliability issues, it jams when you pull the trigger too slowly or the darts will slowly get through the flywheels then fire away, kind of like a delayed dart fire. I'm not sure whether this happens only for the blaster I purchased or if all the Stryfes are like this, but not instantly firing the dart when I want it to can prove to be problematic. It always happens when someone rushes me when I'm already slowly pulling the trigger. When you operate it on slighty less fresh batteries the blaster jams all together, removing the jam is actually quite simple, but the jams can be very annoying. I found to remove the jam, you simply pull the clip out and the dart will be bent upwards, remove the dart and put the clip back in, this is what usually happens to me. In terms of range, it shoots so much further than the previous N-Strike series of blasters. So nothing much to say about that, it is also fairly accurate, as accurate as the darts are that is. Now for a flywheel blaster, its is quite pricey for what they give just a blaster and a six dart clip, so I wouldn't really recommend it but it is a good blaster. 8 out of 10, end of review!!




Farid 




No comments: