Saturday 24 October 2009

Metal Slug



Yo, and hi. Now, I am recently (after the exam that is) playing Metal Slug, or as they pronounce it in Japanese, Metaru Suragu, which actually means Metal Slug. And the lastest one I am playing is Metal Slug 7 for the Nintendo DS. The missions are really challenging keeping me, well, busy mostly. I was also really happy with the new weapon added. The first Metal Slug I played, I remember it like it was yesterday and no, I did not just play it yesterday. It was Metal Slug 2, I think. There were camels and everything. I also remember me getting the weapon 'Enemy Chaser' so I just blasted my way through all the enemies with ease. I was using the second player.

The characters changed for each new game, for example, in Metal Slug 2 Tarma was on second player and Marco on the first. The characters are Marco Rossi, Tarma Roving, Eri Kasamoto, Fio Germi, Nadia Cassel, Trevor Spacey, Ralf Jones and Clark Still. Tyra Elson and Walter Ryan were the characters for Metal Slug Advance for the Gameboy Advance. The characters I listed were from Metal Slug to Metal Slug 7.


(From top to bottom) Marchrius Dennis Rossi (Marco Rossi), Tarmicle Roving III (Tarma Roving), Fiolina Germi (Fio Germi), Eri Kasamoto, Trevor Stacey, Nadia Cassel, Ralf Jones and Clark Still.

Marco is present in all Metal Slug games.
Tarma is present in all except Metal Slug 4.
Fio is present in all except the first Metal Slug game.
Eri is present in all except the first and fourth Metal Slug game.
Trevor is only present in Metal Slug 4.
Nadia is only present in Metal Slug 4.
Ralf first appeared in Metal Slug 6 and is still in the game.
Clark first appeared in Metal Slug 6 and is still in the game.

(Info about them can be found on the official site : http://www.metalslug10th.com/top_e.html)

Those were the Characters and now for the Vehicles and Weapons. I like many of the weapons because of how they are used in the game. My favourite is the 'Enemy Chaser' because it was the first weapon to keep me alive for so long and it homes down on nearby enemies. I also like 'Thunder Shot' from Metal Slug 7 because of it is more likely to hit and also affects other nearby enemies (like chain lightning).

The weapons are :
Heavy Machinegun, Double Heavy Machinegun, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Super Grenade, Enemy Chaser, Iron Lizard, Dropshot, Laser Gun, Flameshot, Thunder Shot, Zantetsu Sword and Sniper Rifle which is only available in Metal Slug Evolution for the PS2.

And of course you know the main vehicle used in the game, the Metal Slug or SV-001 (SV stands for super vehicle). There are many other vehicles:
Slug Copter, Slug Flyer, Astro Slug, Slug Gunner, Slugnoid, LV Armour, Walking Machine, Slug Mariner, Drill Slug, M-15A Bradley, Metal Crow, Forklift, Car Slug, Spider Slug, Slug Gunner Prototype, Slug Digger, Slug Truck, Slug Armour and Slug Gigant (the biggest and toughest Slug). There are other vehicles ranging from animals and so on but I only listed the Mechanized ones.

(All found on the website: http://metalslug.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Slug_Wiki)

Well there it is one whole post about Metal Slug. I did this because it is a really nice game and the mechanical vehicles and weapons are really inspiring for my robot drawings. SNK Playmore made a really good game. Well, that's all. Bye and try out Metal Slug if you haven't.



Farid

5 comments:

Unknown said...

y no wii.only ds???i was hoping to play super smash bros brawl with u on9

JIM-san said...

well, I have no Wii :( so I play computer and DS.

Zi-qAh said...

the first 3 character is familiar....
wat u think i never play ka??!!
PS2 also have mah... metaru suragu 5

JIM-san said...

How could the first 3 be familiar!!! You need to play more!!!

Unknown said...

the game is easy....even my cat can play it....