Friday 30 October 2009

Why Gundam?

There was this one time when I was chatting with my friend, I was complaining to him about the posts he posted on his blog. And then it occurred to me that he bought expensive stuff even when it was on sale because it was branded. So I then told him that just because it is expensive does not mean it is the best of quality. But, it also occurred in my mind that I was buying Gundam models at expensive prices. My friend asked me why I bought the expensive ones and not the RM 5.30 or RM 14 Gundam Models. So, I had to explain, which is what I am going to post now. And don't get me wrong I just saying what I think, but I did buy a Gundam Model at RM 14 which was not produced by Bandai and the results where devastating! My brother cut some of his fingers while he put the parts together, because it was past my bed time and I couldn't finish it so he finished it for me. Well, you could say it was a nice model but lasted in its nice form for about a week or two and then parts came loose, and it wouldn't stand up. I was frustrated and vowed to stick to buying original Gundam. My reasons are:

First of all, the quality of the plastic used, shoes don't really differ in the sense of fine quality so far I have seen, some cheaper shoes last longer than branded ones. For example, a cheap shoe might outlast a branded shoe depending on how it is used and any other thing you might think of. But Gundam models are different in the sense that you only display them, and if a model can't stand or the parts come loose every time you make a pose for it, even just a standing pose then it is useless. (This happened for real by the way with my RM14 Gundam)

Second of all, the parts hardly fit! Which of course is a definite no! To make a Gundam every part must fit perfectly (which worked well so far the parts not fitting happen to never happen!). But the RM 14 Gundam was really hard to make because you had to actually hit the parts together for them to fit (hurts really bad too). This caused a lot of trouble for me at that tender age. So, the parts don't fit, the quality is bad, even after it is filed it still cut some of my brother's finger while putting it together.

Last but not least, the parts that fit are almost a one out of 6. So for every six parts you put together, only one will ease your pain and suffering, the rest just make it worse. But as for the original, the parts that don't fit are almost impossible to find, it never happened to me anyway and I had made more than 10 Gundams my intire life, but now I have 3 that I didn't break, I was a kid anyway.

Well, I know it is quite hard to understand and accept, but how hard is it to find good clothes or shoes these days. On the other hand Gundam models are only located in certain areas, 4 so far in where I am staying, quite limited you see. But, I am comparing a toy to something you need so it might be sure that it would turn out like this. But anyway, I just wanted to explain why I buy Gundam models at RM 100 when I could have bought one at RM 30 or less. So I guess that's that. I think there might me comments stating complains, I hope not. That's just all I wanted to say.


Farid

No comments: